Thursday, July 05, 2007

Confliction

I know, it's been a long time since my last post, sorry, I've been busy.

You know those moments when you are conflicted, the times you don't really know which way to turn? The other day I was riding the L train and playing Tetris on my ipod, but this time I was playing for keeps. Ever since I beat the individual levels I have been trying to beat the whole game in succession, and I was almost there, UNTIL. I swear to god the craziest old lady walked onto the train and sat directly across from me. She sauntered into my life dressed like a cross between a maniac and a clown who was drowned in a swamp of perfume and sweat. She was wearing a huge red hat, a mask of make-up, and the kind of outfit you buy from CVS on Halloween. She was talking to her friend who was sitting next to me who was kind of normal crazy, but this woman across from me was seriously awesome crazy. I've seen crazy people before, but nothing like this. On any day, the decision would be easy, stare at this woman, however today I was so close to winning Tetris, so close to finishing something I had started three months ago, something I was working on everyday on the train, something I poured all my idle time into. I just couldn't decide what to do, finish the game, or stare awkwardly at the craziest woman alive. I think I made the right decision, I looked, and holy shit it was amazing.

So now I've started from scratch, again, but it was worth it, crazy worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IT WAS REALLY WORTH IT, HUH? HOWEVER DIFFICULT THE CHOICE YOU MADE WAS, I STILL ADMIRE YOU PERSEVERANCE...3 MONTHS...