Saturday, May 12, 2007

My mind is blown

Is this what it's like to finally find religion?

I've been watching COSMOS, the 7 disc documentary that Carl Sagan made in the late 70s, and holy shit this thing is motherfucking amazing. I'm only on episode 2 and my mind is seriously blown away, here are some highlights:

The entire history of human civilization has only taken place in the last 10 seconds of the last day of the cosmic year, the earth wasn't created until September 14th of the cosmic year, WHAT THE FUCK!

Schientists took hydrogen and some other gases (I can't pay attention that well, cause my ears are bleeding from the crazy truths I've been learning) that were present at the earth's begining. Well they pumped these gases into a big enclosed glass bubble, added some electicity, and they CREATED MOTHERFUCKING MOLECULES! The glass bubble became black with new "stuff" and Carl said "it's teeming with life." Why didn't I know this before?

Evolution is a GOD DAMN FACT, not a theory, Carl lays it all out on the line, and it's amazing.

We are all just mistakes and mutations, WHAT THE BALLS!

Holy shit, I can't wait to watch the rest of this series, I don't know how many episodes there are, and I don't care, I will watch every one, and when I'm done I honestly think I will be reduced to sludge from all the profound truths that I will be exposed to.

No comments: